Depression Doesn’t Need to Control Your Life
A Psychologist Can Help You Boost Your Mood
If you suffer from depression, you may be struggling to cope with painful events that have occurred in your life. You might feel as if a dark cloud hangs over you.
While it is normal to feel, sad, disappointed, or ‘blue’ from time to time, depression is more than sadness. With depression, feelings of sadness, emptiness or lowered mood last for most of the day, nearly every day for at least two weeks or more.
If you suffer from depression, you might experience a lack of interest in daily activities, lack motivation to do things, have difficulty concentrating or making decisions.
Perhaps you can’t sleep or have difficulty getting out of bed in the morning.
You might even feel worthlessness or may lack a sense of purpose in your life. You might also struggle with anxiety.
You want help. You are sick of suffering and don’t know what to do about it.
As a psychologist, I can help you step out from under that dark cloud. You can learn the skills known to reduce, and even prevent depression.
- Gaining insights into the contributing factors for your depression.
- Identifying “blind spots” that may be preventing you from seeing yourself clearly.
- Creating awareness of how your thinking influences your mood and outlook.
- Developing objective and accurate ways of thinking that help you respond more constructively to life’s demands and make better decisions to reduce the chance of later regrets.
- Developing your skills in solving relationship problems and in building healthier and more supportive relationships.
- Helping you find ways to sleep better.
- Regaining your interest and engagement in life.
- Stopping self-medicating with alcohol or food.
After consultation we will develop a specific treatment plan based on your individual needs.
You don’t have to fight your depression alone.
You can learn to think clearly, behave effectively, relate positively to yourself and others, and reduce the chances of relapsing.